- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relationships with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman and Yemen
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Latest News and Events
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Applications are invited for the position of Defence Section Office Manager at the Australian Embassy in Riyadh. This is a Locally Engaged Staff (LES) position whereby the successful applicant will be responsible for relocation costs. Depending on experience, salary (LE8) will be between SR 12,494-15,721 per month including allowances for Transportation and Housing. An extra month’s Basic salary is paid each year as an Eid Bonus.
All applications will be assessed against the selection criteria and must be supported with the following or they will not be considered:
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae, including at least 2 Referees and their contact details.
• Statement addressing the Selection Criteria (no more than 200 words per criterion).
Please e-mail your applications to the Office Manager, Australian Embassy, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: PN 5749 & Applicant’s name.
The closing date for applications is Saturday COB 28 March 2015 and interviews for short-listed applicants will be held shortly thereafter. The successful applicant will be required to undergo medical assessment and obtain an appropriate security clearance.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret & apply legislative and administration policy & guidelines
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Demonstrated communication skills and lead and manage a small team.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and high tempo workplace.
• University degree in finance or strong finance background.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic language skills desirable.
• Transferable Iqama.
The main duties of the job:
• Managing Defence Section Administration Office in consultation with Defence Attaché and Assistant Defence Attaché and supervision of two staff.
• Preparation of financial reports and management of Defence Section Annual Budget.
• Maintain continuous awareness of Defence Organisation policies and procedures.
• Maintain close liaison with other departments within the Australian Embassy with regards to administration and operation of the Defence Section.
• Receipt, scrutinise and arrange payment of all invoices.
• Supervise the management and maintenance of Defence Attaché and Asst. Attaché’s residences and manage their removals as required.
• Supervise the provision of domestic and international travel (including passports and visas) for the Defence Section.
• Other duties as specified by the Defence Attaché and Assistant Defence Attaché
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Australian Minister for Trade and Investment